Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Its My 27th Birthday !

So when I started this blog, I made it a point to just write about my sailing stuff, and I am going to continue to do just that,


I am not going to write about my birthday celebration, but on why am I still sailing till today.

I started when I was 12 at the Royal Selangor Yacht Club, before long I was already sailing for the Kuala Lumpur the federal territory of Malaysia, and then the State of Selangor, and when I passed the age limit of 15 for Optimist class,

I started sailing Lasers,Laser 2, 420, and 470, I was then included in the national programme but heartbreakingly I didnt get to represent my country,

straight after then I enters my college years. Doing my diplomas and kinda stopped sailing for awhile,

and then Royal Selangor Yacht Club launched the youth programme, I was roped into it, and I kinda find myself at the bow, for no one wants to do it. Obviously I screwed up lots, but lucky to be given alot of space and time to learn at the bow.

Before long I joined Vincent's Mata.Hari,I was then given more oppurtunity to learn at the bow, gaining more seamanship, navigating, plotting maps! , anchoring the boat right! and so on... . With more experience I was invited to do bow in Thailand and Singapore and was sailing quite actively, and was more than happy to do bow on different boats designs/class .

I love to be in the rain, in the storm, shivering and at times down with sea sick.., but still have to do my job of sail change, hoisting of spninaker and jib, pushing me pass my limit and trying my best not to let my mates down!

With Experience my job get easier every year, but there are always so much to learn and always interesting to see how other bowman do stuff and try to improve myself.

A sport I couldnt really see myself learning everything, but I am stubborn and wants to learn more, the reason I still sails.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 27th! Hope to see u still sailing and kicking come your 28th year! :D

    ReplyDelete